World War One Discovery Day
On Saturday 4 November 2017 we held our World War One Discovery Day at the Guildhall in Bath with displays and free activities for all the family. On offer were:
- Special displays from Bath Record Office and Local Studies, the Mayor's Parlour, the Western Front Association and the Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Advice about researching family history and information about what was happening in and around Bath during the war years
- Local photographs from 1914-1918 from the Bath in Time historic image archive
- A sing-a-long of popular songs fom the era and a chance to meet some recovering soldiers from 1917
- A guided walk with local historian and writer Andrew Swift to find out about Bath during the First World War
- Replica costumes to try on from the period
- Expert advice from members of the Western Front Association about medals and memorabilia
- Craft activities - making soldiers' caps and historic medals
The free event was very well-attended and enjoyed by young and old alike!
Download the event flyer for more information.