World War One Discovery Day
On Saturday 4 November 2017 we held our World War One Discovery Day at the Guildhall in Bath with displays and free activities for all the family. On offer were:
- Special displays from Bath Record Office and Local Studies, the Mayor's Parlour, the Western Front Association and the Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Advice about researching family history and information about what was happening in and around Bath during the war years
- Local photographs from 1914-1918 from the Bath in Time historic image archive
- A sing-a-long of popular songs fom the era and a chance to meet some recovering soldiers from 1917
- A guided walk with local historian and writer Andrew Swift to find out about Bath during the First World War
- Replica costumes to try on from the period
- Expert advice from members of the Western Front Association about medals and memorabilia
- Craft activities - making soldiers' caps and historic medals
The free event was very well-attended and enjoyed by young and old alike!
Download the event flyer for more information.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.