The Bath and North Somerset Council Sport and Active Lifestyles Sustainable Coaching Programme will provide financial support and mentoring for volunteers aged 16 + with an interest in sports and coaching to enable them to become qualified coaches.
Aims of the programme
- to encourage young people and adults to take the next step into becoming a qualified coach
- to create a skilled work force able to deliver community focussed programmes that offer the opportunity to improve sporting ability and promote personal excellenc
- to inspire young people and adults of all abilities to take part regularly in recreational sporting activities and to empower them to make informed choices about their participation
Successful applicants are expected to do a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer coaching (including events) and be committed to developing as a coach.
They will also need to display respect, friendship, courage, determination inspiration and equality for themselves personally if they are to successfully qualify and to instil these values into their community coaching.
Application assessment criteria:
- should be registered as a coach on www.coachwest.org.uk
- willing to be active as a coach in Bath and North East Somerset
- can demonstrate that they will contribute significantly to the aims of the funding
Application will be assessed and successful candidates will be notified by the lead Project Officer.
Submitting an application
Down load the Application Form from the Documents section
Once completed, the application form can be submitted via post or email to:
Bath and North East Somerset Council, Active Lifestyles, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG or email email@example.com
For support with completing the application, please contact Caroline Gaze firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 396429
Priority will go to candidates who can demonstrate that they will contribute significantly to the aims of the funding.
We can offer a maximum of 2 grants per year, per organisation.
Where possible the Project Officer will assist candidates with sourcing additional funding.
Desired outcomes for the programme
- Increasing the number of qualified and active coaches working in Bath and North East Somerset
- Raising the number of high quality, community coaching hours delivered each week
- Contributing directly to the amount of physical activity per week taken by young people and adults
- Promotion of personal excellence through professional development
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.