The maintenance work B&NES undertakes includes:
- Arboricultural Management - tree inspection, maintenance & emergency works
- Grass Cutting
- Hedge Trimming
- Leaf Clearance
- Park Furniture (seats, signs & bins)
- Herbicide Application
- Spring & Summer Bedding
- Winter Bedding
- Shrub & Rose Beds
- Hanging Baskets and Window Boxes
- Play Area Inspection and Maintenance
In addition to maintenance of parks and open spaces we undertake grounds maintenance operations for a number of Council departments and outside bodies:
- Council Managed Car Parks & Park and Ride
- Council Managed Social Service Properties
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Parish and Town Councils
- Highway Verges and Public Footpaths (in 30 MPH limit & below only)
- Sports Clubs
Further to that we undertake grounds maintenance of sports grounds at the following locations:
- Entry Hill Golf Course
- Lansdown Playing Fields
- Odd Down Sports Ground
- Royal Victoria Park Approach Golf Course (Pitch & Putt)
- Bowling Green at Royal Victoria Park, Sydney Gardens and Alexandra Park
The Parks section is having to be more efficient in mowing grass this year. The teams are doing their upmost to adhere to grass-cutting schedules. We will be providing 'Old fashioned quality using modern innovation'.
Friends of Parks
Bath and North East Somerset Council maintains many parks and open spaces as outlined above.
However, in addition to this some local residents join together as a “Friends” group and volunteer their time to make additional improvements.
By working closely with the Council in this way many parks are further enhanced for the benefit of those who use them.
If you would like to join a “Friends” group, or get one started, please click here.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.