What will you be inspired to do by London 2012?
Hello and welcome to the web pages of the Council's Sport and Active Lifestyles Team!
The overarching vision for Bath and North East Somerset is:
To get more people, more active, more often, leading to improved health and wellbeing and the creation of stronger, safer communities for all.
The Bath and North East Somerset Cultural Strategy 2011-2026 is now available online.
Bath and North East Somerset’s Sport and Active Lifestyles Team’s ultimate aim is to increase participation in sport and active Leisure and we do this by working with our partners to:-
- Create and maintain a sustainable infrastructure for the support and development of clubs, coaches and volunteers at all levels.
- Manage and maintain a range of sports facilities and develop and refurbish new facilities when required.
- Actively encourage all individuals to participate in and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Help to build communities by promoting Sport and Active Leisure opportunities for individuals and groups, particularly those currently under represented.
- Use Sport and Physical Education to improve the quality of learning, raise standards, promote health and improve social inclusion for those children and young people within the education system.
The Council and it's partners has produced the Get Active Vision for Bath and North East Somerset 2010 - 2013.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.