Learning, growing and succeeding together
The Sensory Support Service contributes to improving outcomes for children and young people, who live in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset, with sensory needs (vision impairment, multi sensory impairment, deaf children) by promoting their well-being, development, achievement and participation.
We achieve this by:
- providing advice and support to their families
- running EY family sessions - providing opportunities for parent support
- assessing children and young people’s needs
- training teaching assistants and teachers
- advising on access to the curriculum including adaptations / modifications needed and resources / equipment required
- direct teaching of specialist skills
- working in partnership with other services and agencies to meet these children’s needs
- offering a range of training opportunities to educational settings and other organisations, e.g. deaf / vision awareness
We provide support to these children from birth up to the age of 19.
Sensory Support Service, Elmfield House, Greystoke Avenue, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol BS10 6AY
Tel: 0117 9038443/1 Fax: 0117 9038440