New menus are developed for the start of the school year. On offer is a wide variety of nutritious, high-quality and locally-sourced produce which will meet the Government’s standards for all 14 main nutrients, and for levels of carbohydrate, fat, protein and fibre. Menu items have been analysed using the ‘Saffron Nutritional Analysis System’, software which monitors the levels of nutrients present in food.
In recent years our menus show an increase in the use of:
- fresh fruit and vegetables
- seasonal and local produce
- local fresh meat and poultry
- non refined carbohydrates
- healthier cooking methods
and a reduction in the use of:
- processed foods
- food additives
- fat, sugar and salt.
The school meals service provides its meals from traditional kitchens without the use of mass production or re-heating processes and sources its ingredients as locally as possible.
New food supply contracts started in November 2011.
- Meat and poultry are supplied by Jon Thorner
- Dry and frozen goods are supplied by Charles Saunders Ltd
- Fruit and vegetables are supplied by Cossey Produce Ltd
- Milk is supplied by School Milk Services Ltd.
All fish products used on the menus meet the standards of the Marine Stewardship Council.
Eggs used are free range.
You may be interested in the following link:
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.