St Mark’s is a co-educational Church of England voluntary aided and comprehensive secondary school located in the heart of Larkhall, a bustling and vibrant village to the east of Bath. It is founded on Christian values and as such has a strong family and community ethos.
These values envelop the learning of our students, providing them with an academic start to life that is supportive, nurturing and inspiring.
Our students celebrate academic success year on year, leaving us with excellent grades to take with them to further and higher education. This, coupled with their well-rounded pastoral care, ensures that our students are highly motivated, well educated and happy.
The St Mark’s Offer
- A ‘Good’ school (Ofsted, June 2013), with high quality teaching
- An ‘Outstanding’ Church of England School
- Small class sizes with well qualified and dedicated teachers and support staff to enable a personalised curriculum for all
- Good and improving exam results
- A strong ethos based on Christian values and respect for one another
- A bespoke enrichment programme once a week to include sporting, cultural, creative and community-based projects (Year 7)
- A full range of extra-curricular sporting clubs and enrichment activities designed to stretch and challenge students of all levels of ability, including Duke of Edinburgh for senior students
- An excellent pastoral system based on an established house system, creating a ‘family within a family’ and a dedicated Head of Year 7 and Transition to support students and families during their journey from primary to secondary
- A full-time chaplain and a warm welcome at the Sanctuary, the home of our chaplaincy provision
- A place in The New Sixth, enabling our students to continue their studies with us post-16