View Planning Applications online
Please use the links below to search our online database of applications -
- View and comment on current applications (post 2005*)
- Search by application number, or property (planning history is post 1996**)
- View a weekly list of new planning applications or decisions
- View applications for major development, departures from the Local Plan and Environmental Impact Assessment applications accompanied by an environmental statement
- List of applications decided under delegated powers
*Note: Applications received July 2005 onwards will have associated digital copies of plans that can be viewed. Certain supplementary documentation submitted with a planning application will not be available to view on the internet if it is deemed to be particularly sensitive information (e.g. a rare bat survey, report on nesting sites of rare birds).
Advice on submitting comments
- If you would like to support or object to a current planning application, please include your name and address (including postcode).
- You cannot comment on a Discharge of Condition request or Non-Material Amendment (reference numbers ending COND and NMA).
- Comments received will be published on the Council’s website until a decision has been made. Please be aware that any information supplied by you will be made available on the Council’s website as part of the application process and can be viewed. Please note that your name and address will appear on the Council's Public Access website. However, the Council endeavours to remove personal contact details such as email address and/or phone number prior to uploading to the web. Under the provisions of the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any representations received may be read and copied.
- Due to the volume of correspondence received on applications it is not possible to acknowledge or respond to these comments.
- For further information, please read our 'Have your say on planning applications' web page.
You can also find the nearest planning applications to your property on a map using the Council's Maps Online service.
If you don’t have access to the internet, you can use the self-service computers at all Council Connect offices. They are available at The One Stop Shop, 3 - 4 Manvers Street, Bath, Riverside in Keynsham and The Hollies in Midsomer Norton. Council Connect staff can help you use the Planning public access website if you need assistance to view these applications electronically.
Addresses in the online database of applications: The addresses in our database are from the Local Land & Property Gazetteer which conforms to British Standard BS7666 and may differ from your postal address. It is the responsibility of the owner to inform the council's street naming and numbering officer Lyn Parfitt on 01225 394427 about any change to the address of a property.
Register for email alerts
Receive details of planning applications in your area, register your postcode with PlanningFinder (external link) and received free email notifications of any planning applications near you as soon as they happen. Please note this link will take you to a website not controlled by this Authority.
Alternatively, stay up to date with what's going on in your local area with regular emails from Inform and My Alerts via the Council's Maps Online service. Inform and Alerts include council news, local planning applications, roadworks, waste and recycling and more.
Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions of use of online information
By using this online system to view planning applications and associated information, you agree to the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS -
Please be aware that despite our efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information, it may not be totally accurate, due to the way the data is collated.
**Please note that planning information contained within the website cannot be used for carrying out a formal 'Local Land Charges Search'. It also cannot be relied upon to constitute a full planning history for a site. No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in planning information obtained and no liability is accepted for loss or damage arising from use of planning information obtained from this website whether foreseeable or otherwise.
Planning application information submitted is protected by the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (Section 47). Downloaded and/or printed material may only be used for consultation purposes; to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without prior permission of the copyright owner. Specific restrictions apply to Ordnance Survey plans which are Crown copyrighted. Please note that activities that breach intellectual property rights are serious offences with established civil and criminal penalties including imprisonment.
CAUTION: Printed copies and uncontrolled electronic copies of any documents may not be the latest version.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure the accuracy of the information in our web pages, an occasional error may occur. Should this be the case, please use the feedback form below.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.