The following charges apply to the listed services:
Requests for planning site history:
Copies of any documentation, e.g. Decision Notices and building listings £16.50, and £5.50 each for any other Decision Notices on the same property. All charges will be plus VAT.
We offer a pre-application service, find out how to apply and the charges here.
Householder Development Planning Questionnaire:
The charge for this service is £57.00 (incl. VAT) is payable in advance (we do not invoice).
So that we can ring you to take a card payment please provide a telephone number with your request. Please follow the link to the form.
Written advice on the need for Listed Building Consent:
Advice on the need to apply for listed building consent can be obtained by writing to the Planning & Conservation Team, Planning Services, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath BA1 1JG. Please provide as much detail as possible, this can include sketch plans and photographs. Charges as the Householder Development Planning Questionnaire above.
Written advice on the need for planning permission for non-householder developments are also charged as the Householder Development Planning Questionnaire above.
Non Chargeable Planning Advice:
1. General advice on how to submit an application to Planning Registration, its’ likely fee and where on the website forms/guidance can be found.
2. By prior agreement with the Planning Case Officer a half hour meeting/advice following the refusal of a planning application where there is a potential solution to overcoming the reason for refusal.
3. Discussions as to the requirements of a proposed Planning Performance Agreement.
4. Third parties seeking advice from the Case Officer about the details of a current planning application.
5. Advice prior to the submission of a statutory consultation on work to listed churches which are exempt from the listed building consent process through the Ecclesiastical Exemption.
The authority is unable to continue to cover the costs of these discretionary services without making the revised charge to the customer. The charges will be reviewed annually.
Last updated: 20 April 2018