Last updated: 11th July 2016
The Council submitted the Placemaking Plan to the Secretary of State for independent Examination on 12th April 2016. The submitted documents, as required under Regulation 22 of the The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, can be viewed via the links below. Details of the Examination can be found via this link.
Submission Placemaking Plan produced in six volumes:
- Volume 1 - District-wide (8 MB)
- Volume 2 - Bath (14.5 MB)
- Volume 3 - Keynsham (11.4 MB)
- Volume 4 - Somer Valley (31 MB)
- Volume 5 - Rural Areas (11 MB)
- Volume 6 - Appendices (6.5 MB)
A number of limited changes to the Draft Placemaking Plan were proposed and agreed by Council at its meeting on 23rd March 2016 and submitted to the Inspector:
Draft Policy Maps
To use the iShare maps service, once opened, to view the current policy maps:
- select 'Planning' from the 'Show Map' menu in the top-left corner
- select 'Show Map Categories' further down the left-hand side of the screen
- select 'Draft Placemaking Plan'
- select the mapped policies you wish to view by clicking the box to the right of each policy (we do not advise clicking the box next to the category title as this shows all the policies at once and is not easily read).
Sustainability Appraisal of the Draft Placemaking Plan:
- Non-Technical Summary
- Main Report
- Annex A: Review of relevant plans, programmes and strategies
- Annex B: Baseline data
- Annex C: Placemaking Plan alternative options appraisal matrices
- Annex D: Draft Placemaking Plan policy appraisal matrices
- Annex E: Cumulative impact of Placemaking Plan Policies and amended Core Strategy policies
- Annex F: Core Strategy amendments screening
- Annex G: Core Strategy amendments appraisal matrices
- Annex H: Potential cumulative effects with other Plans
- Annex I: Contextual indicators monitoring programme
Copies Of The Draft Placemaking Plan, Schedule of Limited Changes, Sustainability Appraisal Report, Habitat Regulations Assessment and can also be viewed in:
- all libraries in the District
- the main Council offices (One Stop Shop in Lewis House, Bath; The Hollies in Midsomer Norton and Civic Centre One Stop Shop in Keynsham) during opening hours
Unfortunately we are unable to provide printed copies of the documents.
A dedicated web page for the Placemaking Plan Examination set out details of the Examination and will be regularly updated.
The Draft Placemaking Plan was agreed for publication on 3rd December 2015. This was to provide the opportunity for consultees to make formal representations to an independently appointed Inspector about its soundness. The Draft Placemaking Plan was published for consultation for a 7 week period between 16th December 2015 and 3rd February 2016.
At this stage in the plan making process consultees were asked to comment on whether the Draft Plan has been prepared in accordance with legal requirements - ‘legally compliant’ -and whether it is ‘sound’. The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) sets out the four Tests of Soundness against which the Draft Plan will be assessed by the Planning Inspectorate.
The Draft Placemaking Plan and the Core Strategy have been combined into one document for clarity but as the Core Strategy is already adopted, comments can only be made on the Placemaking Plan part. The difference between the Placemaking Plan text and the Core Strategy text is made clear in the amalgamated document.
Other key documents supporting the Draft Placemaking Plan are:
- The Sustainability Appraisal
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Statement of Representations Procedure
- The evidence base documents
These documents can be found within the Placemaking Plan Core Documents List which has been produced for the Examination and will be updated as the Examination progresses.
Copies of the Draft Placemaking Plan, Sustainability Appraisal Report, Habitats Regulations Assessment and Statement of Representations Procedure were made available at all libraries in the district and the main Council offices, Lewis House, Bath; The Hollies, Midsomer Norton; and Civic Centre, Keynsham during opening hours.
Please note that following concerns raised by a number of respondents and subsequent review by the Council the Schedule of Representations has been amended. The amended version was published on 10th May and was submitted to the Examination Inspector. In addition the Inspector also has copies of all of the original representations and supporting information that was submitted to the Council.
Redacted copies of the original representations and supporting information are available on request. Copies can be sent by email free of charge, unfortunately we will have to charge for the cost of printing and posting paper copies.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.