- The Planning Inspector
- The Programme Officer
- Examination Hearings and Documents
- Updated: Consultation on the Main Modifications
- Placemaking Plan and determining planning applications
Last updated: 7th March 2017
The Placemaking Plan was submitted to the Planning Inspectorate on 12th April 2016 for independent examination. The Placemaking Plan will be subject to Examination in Public conducted by an Independent Planning Inspector. Claire Sherratt DIP URP MRTPI has been appointed as the Planning Inspector.
The role of the Inspector is to consider whether the document is:
- Legally compliant: meets the requirements of the Planning Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 and associated Regulation, and
- Sound: whether it is justified, effective and consistent with national policy.
The Inspector will take into account the representations submitted on the draft Core Strategy and it is likely that a number of informal hearings sessions will take place on matters and issues identified by the Inspector. The hearings are currently anticipated to start in mid to late July at the earliest. Following the closure of the examination, the Inspector will prepare a report with recommendations that will be binding on the Council.
Latest News (11th November 2016): The Inspector has issued her Interim Report (ID/17) on the submitted Placemaking Plan following the Examination Hearings, the Council has updated its Schedule of Rolling Changes as a result.
The Programme Officer, Chris Banks, will act as the contact point for any person who has made representations on the Draft Placemaking Plan (Pre-Submission version) December 2015, and as a liaison between the Inspector, the Council and examination participants.
The Programme Officer acts independently on behalf of the Inspector to organise and manage the administrative and procedural matters of the examination process and is the first point of contact for any questions relating to timetabling or procedural matters. All statements will also be submitted through him.
Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted via the Programme Officer.
- Chris Banks
C/O Banks Solutions
64 Lavinia Way
- Tel: 01903 783722
- Mob: 07817 322750
- Email: email@example.com
The Examination Hearings commenced on 13th September 2016 and ended on 13th October 2016.
- The Planning Inspector has issued a number of documents including her Interim Report (ID/17) on the submitted Placemaking Plan following the Examination Hearings, the Council has updated it's Schedule of Rolling Changes as a result.
- You will find ID/17 and other notes issued by the Inspector on the Examination Documents webpage, where you will also find previous Agendas and responses made by the Council and statements provided by Examination Participants.
- The Council has issued BNES/PMP/013 in response to the Inspector's note ID/16.
- The Examination Core Documents List, which includes links to the submitted Draft Placemaking Plan and its background evidence.
- An Index of Policies within the Placemaking Plan, which includes links to the relevant volume, page and policy of the Draft Placemaking Plan.
- The Inspector's Notes, Council Responses and Participants' Statements are available on the Placemaking Plan Examination Documents webpage available via this link or via the menu on the left of your internet browser.
The Planning Inspector invited comments on the Main Modifications to the Submitted Placemaking Plan (see her note ID/18). The Main Modifications are those which the Inspector considers are necessary to make the plan sound and/or legally compliant. Alongside the Main Modifications, the Council produced a Schedule of Minor Proposed Changes on which people were also able to comment on; these changes are not considered necessary for the plan’s soundness or legal compliance.
The following documents were published for comment between 5th January and 5pm on 14th February 2017.
- Schedule of Main Modifications
- Sustainability Appraisal of Main Modifications
- Non-technical Summary
- Annex D Appraisals Amendments
- Annex E Cummulative Effect Amendments
- Annex G Amendments
- Annex H Cummulative Effects with other Plans and Policies
- Annex J Screening of Main Modifications
- Habitat Regulations Assessment of the Main Modifications
- Schedule of Minor Proposed Changes
Representations made submitted during the consultation on the Main Modifications to the Placemaking Plan have been send to the Planning Inspector for her consideration, they are available below. The original representations are available to view (with personal details redacted) on request.
- Schedule of Representations on the Main Modifications to the Submitted Placemaking Plan
- Schedule of Representations on the Main Modifications to the Submitted Placemaking Plan (Late)
- Schedule of Representations on the Main Modifications to the Submitted Placemaking Plan (Not Duly Made)
If, after considering the representations, the Inspector finds the document sound it is anticipated the Placemaking Plan will be adopted in late Spring 2017, following receipt of her final recommendations (Inspector’s Report).
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with the Planning Policy team on 01225 477548 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The policies of the emerging Placemaking Plan are a material consideration in determining planning applications. The weight to be given by the LPA to the emerging Placemaking Plan policies is set out in this schedule (click to view).
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.