18th July 2017
Bath and North East Somerset Council’s Placemaking Plan was formally adopted by the Council on 13th July 2017.
The Placemaking Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for the District and will be used in the determination of planning applications.
Following the adoption of the Placemaking Plan, there is a six week period during which any person aggrieved by the Placemaking Plan could make an application to the High Court under Section 113 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 on the grounds that the document is not within the appropriate powers, or that a procedural requirement has not been complied with.
The Adopted Placemaking Plan produced in 6 volumes can be viewed below. Please note that it is a temporary composite version which will be replaced later in the year.
- The Adopted Placemaking Plan
- Volume 1 - District-wide Strategy and Policies
- Volume 2 - Bath
- Volume 3 - Keynsham
- Volume 4 - Somer Valley
- Volume 5 - Rural Areas
- Volume 6 - Appendices
- Associated Documents
Copies of these documents are also available to be viewed free of charge at the following locations Mondays –Thursdays (9am – 5pm), Fridays (9am - 4.30pm):
- One Stop Shop, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath BA1 1JG
- One Stop Shop, Keynsham Civic Centre, Market Walk, Keynsham, BS31 1FS
- The Hollies, High St, Midsomer Norton BA3 2DT
Copies will also be available at all Bath & North East Somerset libraries. A list of all the libraries, including information on opening hours is available on the Council’s website at www.bathnes.gov.uk/libraries
A number of policies in the Placemaking Plan require changes or additions to the existing Policies Map. The interactive Local Plan Policies Map, which can be accessed from the front page of the Council’s website through the ‘My Maps’ function, will be updated to reflect these changes as soon as practicable.
To use the 'My Maps' service, once opened, to view the current policy maps:
- select 'Planning' from the 'Show Map' menu in the top-left corner
- select 'Show Map Categories' further down the left-hand side of the screen
- Please note currently the 'Adopted Local Plan' category currently contains the 2007 Local Plan and 2014 Core Strategy Policy Maps.
- The policy maps found within the 'Draft Placemaking Plan' category will replace the maps within the 'Adopted Local Plan' category as soon as practicable.
- select the mapped policies you wish to view by clicking the box to the right of each policy (we do not advise clicking the box next to the category title as this shows all the policies at once and is not easily read).
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.