Last Updated: 30th November 2017
The Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan area comprises the whole parish of Whitchurch in the Bath & North East Somerset Council authority area (B&NES). On 3rd November 2014, B&NES Council approved that the Whitchurch Neighbourhood Area be designated in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012. Whitchurch Village Council submitted the draft Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan, and supporting documents, to B&NES Council on 27th April 2017. Following Examination the plan was recommended to proceed to referendum which was held on Thursday 16th November 2016.
Whithchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan has passed the referendum and will now be brought into legal force (‘made’) to become part of the development plan.
Following the Regulation 16 consultation the Draft Neighbourhood Plan was submitted for Independent Examination along with the comments received during the consultation.
The Examiner’s report was received on 28th September 2017 and concluded that subject to making the modifications recommended in the report, that the draft Plan meets the Basic Conditions and should proceed to referendum. The Examiner also recommended that the area for the referendum should not extend beyond the Neighbourhood Area to which the plan relates:
Village Neighborhood Development Plan was held on Thursday 16th November 2017. The result of the vote was in favour of the Plan, with the majority of those voting casting ballots 96.5% in favour of the plan. The turnout was 38.52%.
The full results can be viewed in the Declaration of Result
Whithchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan has passed the referendum and will now be brought into legal force (‘made’) to become part of the development plan. In line with the Neighbourhood Plan now carries full weight in the determination of planning applications
- Referendum Version of the Neighbourhood Plan
- Referendum Version of the Neighbourhood Plan Appendix 1: Character Appraisal
- Background Document 1: Community Assets Aspirations
- Background Document 2: History of Maes Knoll, Wansdyke and Lyons Court Farm
- Background Document 3: Assets of Community Value
- Background Document 4: Employment Space
- Background Document 5: Transport Policies
- Background Document 6: Traffic Issues Photographs
- Background Document 7: Village Survey Questionnaire (2016)
- Background Document 8: Village Survey Questionnaire (2015)
- Background Document 9: Retail Shop Feasibility Study
- Background Document 10: Woodland Park Feasibility Study
- Background Document 11: Listed Buildings
- Background Document 12: Air Pollution Report
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Area Designation
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Evidence Base, July 2017
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Assessment Walk for Travel Plan, April 2017
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Employment, Skills and Commuting Evidence Report, March 2016
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) Screening, May 2016
- Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening, November 2016
- The Whitchurch Neighbourhood Plan Application Pack
In addition to this website you can view a hard copy of the Neighbourhood Plan proposal and supporting documents, at the following locations:
- Bath Central Library, 19-23 The Podium, Northgate Street, Bath, BA1 5AN
- One Stop Shop, Manvers St, Bath, BA1 1JG
- Whitchurch Parish Council Offices, Community Centre Office, Bristol Road, Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14 0PT
- Sleep Lane Dental Practice, Sleep Lane, Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14 0QN
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.