Last updated: 9th April 2018
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) makes certain requirements of the Council in relation to housing land supply. These include:
- To identify and update annually a supply of specific deliverable sites sufficient to provide 5 years’ worth of housing (against the Core Strategy housing requirement) with an additional buffer of 5%.
- To identify a supply of specific, developable sites or broad locations for growth, for years 6-10 and, where possible, for years 11-15.
- To illustrate the expected rate of housing delivery for both market and affordable housing through a housing trajectory for the plan period.
The documents below meet the above requirements. The BNP Paribas Review document is an expert review of the Council’s position.
- Five Year Housing Land Supply Statement
- Housing Land Supply Trajectory
- BNP Paribas Assessment of Delivery of Housing Sites, September 2017
The Council is also preparing a new Local Plan. In support of this, a housing and economic land availability assessment (HELAA) is being prepared. This will be developed as the Local Plan progresses. The first iteration of the HELAA consists of three documents which should be read as a whole:
Various calls for sites have already taken place. The next opportunity to submit sites to be considered for allocation through the Local Plan 2016-2036 will be at the ‘Options’ consultation stage of the Local Plan, due to take place in late 2018.