Last updated: 15th November 2018
Housing Land Supply
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) makes certain requirements of the Council in relation to housing land supply. These include:
- To identify and update annually a supply of specific deliverable sites sufficient to provide 5 years’ worth of housing (against the Core Strategy housing requirement) with an additional buffer of 5%.
- To identify a supply of specific, developable sites or broad locations for growth, for years 6-10 and, where possible, for years 11-15.
- To illustrate the expected rate of housing delivery for both market and affordable housing through a housing trajectory for the plan period.
The documents below meet the above requirements. The BNP Paribas Review document is an expert review of the Council’s position.
- Five Year Housing Land Supply Statement - 2018
- Housing Land Supply Trajectory - 2018
- BNP Paribas Assessment of Delivery of Housing Sites, September 2017
The Council is also preparing a new Local Plan. In support of this, a housing and economic land availability assessment (HELAA) is being prepared. This will be developed as the Local Plan progresses. The Draft HELAA report that supports the Local Plan Options consultation can be accessed here
Various calls for sites have already taken place. Alongside the Local Plan Options consultation which is taking place between 12th November 2018 and 7th January 2019 there is a further opportunity to submit sites for the HELAA and to be considered for allocation in the Draft Local Plan. In submitting a site please complete the call for sites form. Please ensure sites are submitted by 7th January 2019.