4th August 2017
Development Plan Documents
The Development Plan for Bath and North East Somerset comprises:
- Bath & North East Somerset Core Strategy (July 2014)
- Bath & North East Somerset Placemaking Plan (July 2017)
- West of England Joint Waste Core Strategy (2011)
- Bath & North East Somerset saved Local Plan (2007) Policies* not replaced by the Core Strategy or the Placemaking Plan:
- Policy GDS.1 Site allocations and development requirements (policy framework)
- Policy GDS.1/K2: South West Keynsham (site)
- Policy GDS.1/NR2: Radstock Railway Land (site)
- Policy GDS.1/V3: Paulton Printing Factory (site)
- Policy GDS.1/V8: Former Radford Retail System's Site, Chew Stoke (site)
- *These policies are reproduced in full in Volume 6 of the Placemaking Plan (Appendix 1, Table 2)
- Neighbourhood Plans - a list of the 'Made' Neighbourhood Plans can be found via this link.
The interactive Policies Map for these documents can be accessed via the top right-hand corner of every page of the Council’s website through the Services in Your Area and ‘My Maps’ function, or directly via this link (found within the Planning Map in the Development Plan category).
To use the 'My Maps' service, once opened, to view the current policy maps:
- select 'Planning' from the 'Show Map' menu in the top-left corner
- select 'Show Map Categories' further down the left-hand side of the screen
- select 'Development Plan' to see the Policy Maps for the Placemaking Plan and other Development Plan documents
- select the mapped policies you wish to view by clicking the box to the right of each policy (we do not advise clicking the box next to the category title as this shows all the policies at once and is not easily read).
Printed/Hard copies of Policy Maps can be obtained through the Council's GIS Team, please note that there will be a charge for this service. To request a map, and for details of the cost, please contact the GIS Team on 01225 394260 or via GIS_Team@BathNES.gov.uk.