A personal search can be carried out by the home-mover themselves, or by a private personal search agent or company. A personal search is only of the Land Charges Register. Once the register has been inspected the personal search has been concluded. A personal searcher is able to inspect certain public registers, this is carried out by personal searchers, not Local Land Charges staff. The information obtained by a personal search agent from public registers is not guaranteed by the Local Authority. The search result is not certified by a Local Authority and any compensation claim has to be made through the Personal Search Company who completed the search.
A Personal Search of the Local Land Charges register and certain CON29R information is available to view (free access) on the computer terminals in the One-Stop Shop, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath.
If you have not previously used the computer terminals to view the records please contact Local Land Charges to have a password set up and arrange a training session.
Opening times of the Manvers Street One Stop Shop are Monday & Tuesday & Thursday; 8.30am – 5pm; Wednesday 9.30am – 5pm; Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm.
The Local Authorities (England) Charges for Property Searches) Regulations 2008
In line with The Local Authorities (England) (Charges for Property Searches) Regulations 2008 please see the document attachments on the right of this page which outline access to CON29 data and provide details of which documents are publicly available, access arrangements, and the cost of individual component data questions.
Land Charges will be acting as a “one stop shop” for all component data requests, please see details below for requesting CON29 component data:
- Please send CON29 component data requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Land Charges, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG.
- Provide a plan of the property and address details
- Clearly list which CON29 questions you require
- If you are sending an email request please provide details of the cost of the request (the cheque for the emailed search will need to be sent in to us by the following day)*
- If you are writing in, cheques will need to be submitted with the request*
*If you are interested in paying by BACS please contact us for further details.