The Diamond Travelcard offers free off-peak bus travel for older people and those with disabilities who live in Bath & North East Somerset.
The qualifying age for a Diamond Travelcard will gradually rise from 60 to reach 66 by 2020. For further information about Diamond Travelcards - when you can use it, on which bus services, advice about proof of eligibility / residence, please read Diamond Travelcard FAQs.
If you wish to apply for a Diamond Travelcard on the grounds of disability, please read the guidance Diamond Travelcard - Eligibility for Disabled Persons.
Applying for a Diamond Travelcard
We offer a while-you-wait service at One Stop Shops in Bath, Keynsham and Midsomer Norton for residents entitled to Diamond Travelcards.
- Eligible residents can visit the One Stop Shops in Bath and Keynsham or the Hollies in Midsomer Norton to collect their card.
- There is no need to complete an application form. All you need is evidence of eligibility and proof of residence in Bath & North East Somerset.
- One of our Customer Service Officers will check the information you provide and take your photograph at no cost. Your card will be printed while you wait.
- This service also applies to lost or stolen cards, as we will be able to confirm the status of your card and issue a replacement.
- Please note that there will be a non-refundable charge for replacing lost cards.
- If you are reporting a stolen card, you will need to give us the crime reference number that the Police gave you.
If you wish to send your application in by post please complete the Diamond Travelcard application form.
Most bus services across Bath & North East Somerset are equipped with ticket machines that can read smartcards. All bus passengers boarding with a Diamond Travelcard (or any other valid concessionary pass) will be required to place their pass on the smartcard reader EVERY time they get on the bus. Please note:
- You may need to state your destination and you may still be given a zero-value ticket (depending on the practice of the bus operator).
- If your pass does not work on the new smartcard readers but it appears to be valid, you will still be allowed to travel free of charge. At the earliest opportunity, you must apply to your local Council office for a replacement pass. There will be no charge to replace a faulty pass.
Traveline provides timetables and journey planners for bus, coach and rail services in the South West. Traveline is also available on tel. 0871 200 22 33 between 7 am and 10 pm (calls cost 10p per minute from landlines).
See also: Timetables and Journey Planners
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.
The information you have provided may be shared across Bath and North East Somerset Council for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless your consent has been given or the law allows this.
The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can, under this legislation, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.
Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.
The Council’s Information Compliance Office can be contacted on (01225) 477000 or via email at email@example.com