Chair’s Community Awards 2017/18
The Awards are now closed for nominations. The Chair received 109 nominations this year. An Awards evening will be held in the Guildhall on the 8th February 2018 when the winners of each category will be announced. Details about the winners will be posted on the website after the event.
The categories for the Awards are as follows:-
Category 1 – Volunteering Awards
- Volunteer of the Year / Young Volunteer of the Year
- Volunteer Leader of the Year / Young Volunteer Leader of the Year
- Volunteer Team or Organisation of the Year/ Young Volunteer Team or Organisation of the Year
- Good Neighbour of the Year / Neighbourhood Team of the Year / Young Neighbour or Young Neighbourhood Team of the Year
- Carer of the Year / Young Carer of the Year
- The Peter Duppa-Miller Lifetime Achievement
Category 2 – Business in the Community Award
This award will recognise a socially responsible business which actively supports its local community in positive activities.
The Chairman may also identify one or more individuals or groups from the nominations received to present a ‘Special Award’.
How to apply and deadline for applications
The deadline for nominations for 2017/18 has now closed.
108 nominations for the awards were received, which recognised volunteers, community leaders, community organisations, carers and local businesses. The Awards were organised in partnership with the Volunteer Centre Bath and beyond; social housing provider Curo; the Student Community Partnership, involving the University of Bath and Bath Spa University students unions; and Sirona care & health.
The winners were:
- Highly Commended - Volunteer Team of the Year - Mandy’s Kitchen – Community @ 67
- Winner - Volunteer Team of the Year - Swan Transport Volunteer Driver
- Winner - Young Volunteer Team of the Year - Youth Reps and Young Volunteers of Mentoring Plus
- Winner - Good Neighbour of Year - Tess Robinson
- Winner - Business in the Community Award - BMT Performance Asset Ltd
- Winner - Carer of the Year - Fiona Carr
- Winner - Young Carer of the Year - Leeanne Roberts
- Highly Commended - Volunteer Leader of the Year - Sarah Williams-Martin
- Winner - Volunteer Leader of the Year - Giles Peters
- Winner - Young Volunteer Leader of the Year - Sarah Humphries
- Highly Commended - Volunteer of the Year - Jackie May
- Highly Commended - Volunteer of the Year - Nicola Noble
- Winner - Volunteer of the Year – Patricia Flagg
- Highly Commended - Young Volunteer of the Year – Bradley Jones
- Winner - Young Volunteer of the Year - Tara Hinchcliffe
- Winner – The Peter Duppa Miller Lifetime Achievement Award - Barbara Merrett
- Special Awards – Special Award for voluntary work in support of refugee families in Bath
- Special Awards - Special Award for voluntary action and engagement of young people