You can renew your items in so many ways...
- Online through the LibrariesWest website*
- Access your account on the move with the free mobile app from LibrariesWest
- Visit your Local Library
- Phone Council Connect on 01225 394041, or email email@example.com
*To use the 24 hour renewals facility on the website you will need your membership number and PIN code.
Don't forget, because of single membership in LibrariesWest you can also renew items at libraries in neighbouring local authorities. Your library card entitles you to borrow from, and return items to, any library in the consortium.
The authorities are:
- Bath and North East Somerset
- North Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
All authorities will have different charging structures and you should make yourself aware of these before borrowing or using chargeable items.
Things to remember when renewing items...
- If nobody else has requested the item you can renew it for another loan period. If someone has requested the item, then your loan will only renew for 3 days and this cannot be amended.
- If you paid to hire the item you're renewing, another hire fee will be due the next time you visit the library.
- You can renew your items 10 times then you will need to return the book back to the library for us to see it, you can then have it issued again.
- The renewal starts from the day you renew and no additional days are given - e.g. if you hire a DVD and it is due back on a Saturday but renew it on the Friday it will be due back the following Friday. You will not get the extra day that you originally hired the item for.
We now offer an email pre-overdue service. We will tell you that your items are going overdue 2 days before they are actually due. This service is free, all you need is your email address added to your account. Visit your local library or add your email address to your LibrariesWest account.
Please Note - the pre-overdue service is an added service to those with an email address. It is still the Library Members responsibility to renew their items on time. We cannot be held responsible for emails not reaching your email inbox and system failures which may cause items to go overdue.