We offer some reduced rates if you are in one of the concession categories listed
Who gets a concession?
The concessionary rate is available for Bath & North East Somerset library members who are:
- Children (under 16)
- People who are registered as disabled
- Blue badge holders
- People claiming Housing Benefit*
- People claiming Jobseekers' allowance*
- People claiming Working Tax Credit*
- People claiming Pension Tax Credit*
- People claiming Income Support*
- People claiming Employment and Support Allowance*
* Evidence will be required to support your claim. If no evidence is received then you will be allocated as an adult member until proof is shown.
- For students we will need to see a valid student card
- For those claiming a benefit we will need to see an original letter from the department that administers your benefit
What do I get for being a concession?
If you are a library concession member you are entitled to the following reductions in charges:
- Spoken word & short language courses - £1.30 per item for 3 weeks instead of £1.80
- Long language courses of 3 CDs / tapes or more - £2.00 per item for 3 weeks instead of £3.00
- Book reservations outside LibrariesWest - £5.00 per item instead of £8.00
- Journal articles requested - £5.00 per item plus any copyright fee instead of £8.00
For more information about library charges, please see Library Charges and Loan periods.