We know that each person who visits or uses our library has a different need or want, we are committed to delivering services for all.
The library items we can provide for those that need it:
- Large print books
- Talking books
- Books and music in community languages
- Basic skills materials
- Any format (including Braille) can be ordered
- Bag Books – multi-sensory stories for those with learning disabilities
- Whatever your query we have staff and information to find you the answer. For example we can answer queries on health, rights, find local and national organisations and find anything on the internet. If we can't help then our dedicated Enquiry Centre team can.
- Do you know someone with a visual impairment? Your Reading Choices questionnaire will help you to decide on a suitable reading format.
We also offer our customers the best in accessible equipment, help with using their library and so much more.
The Home Library Service is run by volunteers on behalf of the library and is available for most locations. The team is on hand to select a range of books and other items for you, and deliver them direct to your door.
If you can't get to a library, let the library come to you.
A core list of titles covering issues such as dementia, anxiety, depression, phobias, panic attacks, bulimia and sleep problems.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.