As an employer, we offer a wide range of flexible and "family friendly" employment initiatives and working arrangements. Our aim is to create an inclusive working environment in which all employees can achieve a healthy work/life balance.
We also recognise our responsibility for their personal and professional development, ensuring that employees are equipped with the skills; knowledge and experience to not only succeed in their current roles but to progress in their careers.
Our benefits package aims to boost and maintain health, wellbeing and general quality of life of all our staff.
- Competitive salary package – including career graded posts
- Generous holiday allowance & special leave provisions
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme – travel, restaurants, shops and services to name but a few
- Employee Assistance Programme – to support Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Community Involvement Scheme (additional leave days for staff to volunteer in their community)
- Staff Social club and subsidised leisure centre membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A range of Flexible working options dependent on service requirements
- MOT Service with reduced staff rates
- Free entry to the Roman Baths, Fashion Museum, Victoria Art Gallery and Parade Gardens
- If you are a resident within our area you can apply for a Discovery Card
- Staff Support & Workers Group
All new employees receive a comprehensive induction, training and development programme.
We provide ongoing support to enable all our employees to progress and develop to achieve their full potential.
All staff can access all the learning and development they need to build a successful career with us. We welcome fresh thinking, recognise real talent and encourage innovation and ingenuity. If you embody these qualities, then we have no doubt you will succeed with us.
We train staff at all levels so whether you are at entry level looking to develop and grow or looking to enter a management position for the first time or a senior leader, we’ll provide you with the knowledge you need to progress.
We operate a Learning Zone which offers both tutor-led training as well as an E-library for a range of training purposes. We encourage Continual Professional Development with opportunities to attend external training, secondment opportunities, and earn extra qualifications.
Also, we offer specific and tailored support for people who want to brush up on their English and/or math skills. We offer Functional Skills training for all employees over 25 enabling them to improve their literacy and numeracy skills to Level 2. This is also available to anyone who has before been unsuccessful in their job application to the council, or who are applying for the first time.