Under section 232 of The Housing Act 2004 the Local Housing Authority (B&NES) is required to maintain and make available a public register of licensed Houses in Multiple Occupations. The register is not intended for marketing purposes. Details of the Council’s Disclaimer and Privacy Statement can be viewed here: ‘Disclaimer and Privacy Statement
- To show licensed HMOs near you, click here,
- enter your postcode under the ‘My House’ tab and select your address;
- scroll down towards the bottom right of the page to see a list of ‘Multiple Occupancy Housing’;
- if you wish to see the location of the licensed HMO on the map, select 'Show on map' option;
- click on the red dot of the licensed HMO to get details of licence holder, occupancy etc.
Alternatively to view an interactive map of licensed HMOs, click here and follow the instructions below:
- Click on the tab entitled ‘Maps’ and enter postcode and select address;
- under the heading of 'Show Map' select 'Local Information';
- go down to ‘Show Map Categories’, open the list and check the ‘Licensed Houses in Multiple Occupation’ box;
- You can then zoom in and out on the map to view all licensed HMOs and click on the red dots to get more information including details of licence holder, occupancy etc.
Paper copy of Public Register
A full list of licensed HMOs can be made available by visiting our offices at the One Stop Shop, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath BA1 1JG. If you require a hard copy, this must be collected in person. There will be an administration charge of £50, although a one page extract will be free.