The sooner the better...

Our advisers will help you sort out your housing problems visit us or phone us for advice if you:

  • will lose your home because your tenancy is going to end
  • have been evicted from your home
  • need to leave due to violence
  • can't stay due to a fire or flood
  • are sleeping on the street
  • have been asked to leave somewhere temporary (such as a friend's house)

Be prepared...

Bring the right documents with you so we can speed up our advice.  We will ask you to show proof of:

  • identity (for example, passport or ID card)
  • why you have to leave your home (for example, eviction notice)

If possible, also take proof of:

  • income (for example, bank statements, wage slips, proof of benefits)
  • children (for example, child benefit or tax credit letter and birth certificates)
  • pregnancy (a letter from your doctor or midwife)
  • medical conditions (a letter from your doctor or hospital)
  • immigration status (a passport or other document that shows you have the right to live in the UK)

It's important to tell us about anything that make your housing problem hard for you to deal with.

It can help to take someone with you for support and to take notes.


Ask us for advice if you are at risk or are already homeless 

Homelessness assessment  

Rent and council tax support

Relationship breakdown 

Nightstop preventing homelessness through community hosting

Out of hours emergencies   

Tell us about somebody sleeping rough so we can help (link to external Street Link website)

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3 (9 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.