Contaminated Land Inspection Strategy
Appendix O: Nature Conservation Legislation and Guidance Relating to Contaminated Land
This Information has been provided by English Nature:
* The Conservation (Natural Habitats &etc.) Regulations 1994 (Hab Regs 1994) relating to the conservation of Natura 2000 sites and species. In particular, inspection and/or remediation within a Natura 2000 site or environs may be a 'plan or project', and may therefore require an Appropriate Assessment;
* The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 as amended by the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000, regarding the furthering of the conservation of protected species and Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs), and the requirement for consent/assent before any Potentially Damaging Operation (as defined in the SSSI citation) may take place;
* Planning Policy Guidance 9 on Nature Conservation;
* The spirit of the Local Government Act 2000 and the Rural White Paper, each of which encourage Local Authorities to have regard to the conservation of Biodiversity;
* Agenda 21 and community strategies, which include the conservation of Biodiversity.
Back to Contents Page
Page 30 of 30
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.