If you are interested in becoming a childminder, pre-school, nursery or offer two year old and/or wraparound school provision you will need to consider the following:

Is there a need in your area?

Information regarding demand for childcare places in B&NES can be found with the BANES Childcare Sufficiency Assessment

Do you need to register with Ofsted?

Ofsted guidance can be found on the Ofsted website

What knowledge do I need?

The statutory requirements for setting up a childcare business can be found in the Statutory Early Years Foundation Stage Framework document

What Local Authority support is available?

Once you have completed your research and you wish to proceed with the new provider process please contact the Early Years and Extended Childcare Service for further information.

Telephone: 01225 394042

Email: richard_hill@bathnes.gov.uk

Information on becoming a childminder can be found here: http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/children-young-people-and-families/childcare-early-years-play/becoming-childminder 

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3.3 (3 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.