The role of the designated teacher is to promote a culture of high expectation for children in care across the school and to put in place the necessary support for each child.
You need to:
- Make sure the young person has a voice in setting learning targets
- Be a source of advice for staff
- Prioritise children in care for 1:1 tuition
- Support and communicate with carers
- Lead on the development and implementation of the PEP
- Monitor the progress of children if they leave care.
- Produce a report for governors at least once a year.
How the Virtual School can support you:
- Advise you on support strategies, using the Pupil Premium and on writing good quality PEPs
- Attend PEP meetings of complex cases, or cases where you would like our input
- Provide extra support beyond the Pupil Premium
- Advise you on where to obtain one to one tutors
- Support transitions to new schools if school placements change.
- Provide training and networking
- Get involved quickly if there are problems
- Advise you on the completion of the report to governors (see template in documents)
There is no charge to schools or academies for these services.
- E mails and attachments sent across the ‘bathnes.gov’ network are secure.
- For e mail messages to us from other networks, please just use the child’s initials and do not include sensitive information
- For schools not using bathnes.gov e mails, sensitive information and attachments such as PEPs can be e mailed to us securely using the GlobalSCAPE secure server. We will ensure your school is set up with GlobalSCAPE once a child has been taken onto your roll.
- Please contact us for more information.
Login to GlobalSCAPE
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.
The information you have provided may be shared across Bath and North East Somerset Council for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless your consent has been given or the law allows this.
The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can, under this legislation, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.
Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.
The Council’s Information Compliance Office can be contacted on (01225) 477000 or via email at email@example.com