Date: Friday – June 15 or 22
To invite fathers and male carers to come into the nursery, Children’s Centre, school to see how their child is getting on and to engage them in their child’s learning. The purpose is to encourage all fathers (or any significant male role model in the child’s life i.e. older brother, uncle, grandfather, close male friend as long as they are a responsible adult!) to hear more about what their child is doing in class.
- Fathers or male carers are invited by their children through a letter. Model letters are available for children to use.
- Allow the fathers or male carers to come in when it suits i.e. they can come in first thing – starting with an assembly, followed by time in the classroom, or they can come in for lunch, or at the end of the day.
- Plan of relevant topics so that fathers or male carers know what the children are learning about.
- Fathers and male carers were encouraged to go out at play time and this was really successful, with fathers really enjoying themselves!
Things to remember:
- Send out lots of reminders, use text messaging to encourage attendance.
- Have tea and coffee available through the day in the school hall/or other space
- Remember to have a short evaluation available for men to fill in before they leave
FREE Resources: Dads Bags including
- Stickers for Fathers’ Friday (to be used as name badges)
- Inflatable beach ball
- LED light key ring
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.