There are services available to help support you to reach and maintain your recovery.
- One-to-one key working appointments with experienced alcohol workers and healthcare professionals.
- Group work to address the cause of alcohol misuse. Topics for group work include managing anxiety, women's groups, acupuncture, preparation for detoxification, reducing relapse and more. The sessions take a structured therapeutic approach to ensure participants feel supported to reach their goals.
- Counselling: one-to-one or couples counselling is offered, usually using a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) approach.
- Medical detoxification: detoxification may take place in either the community or in an inpatient setting depending on the patient’s needs. Find out more about detoxification and stabilisation.
- Support to prevent relapse or to reduce cravings.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) uses a 12 Step programme which includes regular attendance at group meetings. The meetings offer an ongoing support network for alcoholics wishing to work towards or maintain sobriety.
- SMART Recovery (Mutual Aid peer support groups) is a group programme that helps people to manage their addictive behaviour using proven tools and techniques.
- Drop-in to talk to someone from DHI at the Beehive, Beehive Yard, Walcot Street, Bath BA1 5BD. Drop-in times are Mon-Fri 9.30am-4.30pm.
- Housing support
- Relapse prevention support
If you would like to access or find out more about any of the support listed above please call 01225 329411.