Alcohol and Entertainment
(including TENs)


Charitable Collections 

Champagne Glasses


Charity Collection 

 Gambling and Lotteries

Street Trading


Roulette Wheel

Stall in Bath

Black Cab

Other Licences

Pre-Application Advice

Application Forms


Photo of lady with headset


Fees and Charges

Public Register

Contact Us


Credit Card Chip



Phone Email


Licensing Services

Our aim is to achieve, through the licensing process, a high standard of public safety and animal welfare and to prevent nuisance.  To help ensure that this happens, the Council also imposes conditions/restrictions on licence holders which we enforce by inspection and investigation of complaints.  We work closely with the Police, Fire Brigade, Building Control and Environmental Health Officers to ensure that public safety is maintained. 


The Council will investigate complaints against licensed premises.  All complaints must be made in writing or by email or you can complete the online submission form.  In the first instance, complainants will be encouraged to raise the complaint directly with the licensee or business concerned.  The Council may initially arrange a mediation meeting to address, clarify and try to resolve the issues of concern.  This process will not override the right of an Interested Party to ask the Council to consider their representation at a hearing, or for any licence holder to decline to participate in a mediation meeting.


We have made the information on these web pages as comprehensive as possible.  However, in attempting to simplify the law, certain requirements have been omitted.  Full details of what you must do are in the relevant legislation.

Laws can and do change.  Information was accurate when produced, but may have changed since.  We must advise that only the Courts can give an authoritative opinion on statute law.

Other Licences

Artists - Mobile
Busking (dealt with by the Council's Environmental Protection team)
Car Boot Sales (not licensed by us, but permission may be required from the Council's Planning team)
Caravan Sites
Door Supervisors (no longer dealt with by the Council, but by the Security Industry Agency)
Game Dealers (no longer dealt with by the Council)
Hoarding Permits (dealt with by the Council's Highways team)
Houses in Multiple Occupation (dealt with by the Council's Housing team)
Mobile Street Artists
Moveable Dwellings (Tents) Sites
Occupy Council Owned Land (dealt with by the Council's Property Services team
Pedlars (not dealt with by the Council, but by the Police)
Poisons (no longer dealt with by the Council, but by the Home Office)
Safety at Sports Grounds
Scaffolding Licences (dealt with by the Council's Highways team)
Scrap Metal Dealers
Sex Establishments 
Skin Piercing
Skip Licences (dealt with by the Council's Highways team)
Tables and Chairs on the Highway
Tent Sites

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 2.3 (10 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.