At least two months before making an application for a zoo licence you must give notice of your intention to operate a zoo. An online form is currently being developed, but a form is available in Word format for you to complete electronically and submit by email:
|Notice of Intention to Operate a Zoo - MS Word 39 KB|
You must also publish notice of your intention to operate a zoo:
- in a local newspaper; and
- in a national newspaper; and
- by displaying a notice in a prominent position at the premises for two months.
We have included suggested wording for these notices with the Notice of Intention form above. Please keep a copy of the newspapers as these must be attached to your application at Stage Two.
Two months after you have completed the above steps, you can make a formal application. An online form is currently being developed, but a form is available in Word format for you to complete electronically and submit by email:
|Application Form for a Zoo Licence - MS Word 31 KB|
Please note that this form cannot be submitted until two months after you have given notice of your intention to apply for a licence to the licensing authority, and published a notice of your intention in a local and national newspaper.
Your application form must be accompanied by:
- the fee; and
- copies of local and national newspapers which published the notice of intention to apply for a licence; and
- details of any changes to the information given in the notice of intention to apply for a licence.
More pages about Zoo Licences