An online application form is currently being developed, but the following form is available in Word format for you to complete electronically and send by email, or print and send by post:
|Riding Establishment Licence Application Form - MS Word (33 KB)|
Your application form must be accompanied by:
- the fee; and
- a site plan; and
- an inspection report from an approved vet (to be obtained and paid for by you); and
- a copy of the Public Liability Policy/evidence of insurance; and
- copies of relevant Instructors/Fellowship Certificates.
You must be over 18 years of age and must not be disqualified from any of the following at the time of the application:
- keeping a riding establishment;
- keeping a pet shop under the Pet Animals Act 1951;
- having custody of animals under the Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954;
- keeping a boarding establishments for animals under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963;
- keeping or owning animals, being able to influence how animals are kept, dealing animals or transporting or being involved in the transportation of animals under the Animal Welfare Act 2006;
- owning, keeping, dealing or transporting animals under the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006.
More pages about Riding Establishment Licences