- What happens after I have submitted my application for a personal licence?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Can I appeal against a decision?
- Relevant Legislation
- Trade Associations
- Customer Complaints
- Guidance Notes
If the application is valid, and you do not have any unspent convictions for a relevant or foreign offence, we will issue your Personal Licence.
Tacit consent applies. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the 60 day target completion period.
Please contact Licensing Services in the first instance.
We have made the information on these web pages as comprehensive as possible. However, in attempting to simplify the law, certain requirements have been omitted. Full details of what you must do are in the relevant legislation.
Laws can and do change. Information was accurate when produced, but may have changed since. We must advise that only the Courts can give an authoritative opinion on statute law.
- Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers (ALMR)
- Broadcasting, Entertainment, Cinematograph and Theatre Union (BECTU)
- Federation of Licensed Victuallers Associations (FLVA)
If you wish to make a complaint please complete the online submission form.
More pages about Personal Licences