Registered charities or non profit organisations

Charities and community amateur sports clubs are entitled to 80% rate relief on non-domestic property, which is wholly or mainly occupied for the purposes of the charity or club. The Council also has the discretion to remit all or part of the remaining 20% of a charity's bill. This discretionary power also allows the Council to remit all or part of any rate bill for property occupied by certain bodies not established or conducted for profit.

 

Village shops / rural rate relief

Certain types of business, such as the sole general store or Post Office in rural villages with a population below 3,000, may qualify for 50% rate relief. The Council also has the discretion to remit all or part of the remaining 50% of the rate bill in certain circumstances. This discretionary power also allows the Council to remit all or part of any rate bill for certain other rural businesses with a rateable value of less than £16,500.

If you would like to apply for either of these types of relief, please contact us for more information.

 

Help us improve this content

Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Data protection notice

Data protection notice

The information you have provided may be shared across Bath and North East Somerset Council for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless your consent has been given or the law allows this.

The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can, under this legislation, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.

Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.

The Council’s Information Compliance Office can be contacted on (01225) 477000 or via email at information_governance@bathnes.gov.uk

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 1.5 (2 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.