In the 2017 Spring Budget, the Government announced a new relief scheme for pubs with a rateable value of less than £100,000.00.
Under the scheme, eligible pubs will receive a £1,000.00 discount on their bill.
The relief is subject to state aid limits.
The Government’s policy intention is that eligible pubs should:
- Be open to the general public
- Allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- Allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed
- Permit drinks to be purchased at a bar
For these purposes, it should exclude:
Apply for Pub Relief
- Download and complete the Pub Relief Application Form.docx (36 KB) and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Print and complete the Pub Relief Application Form.pdf (38 KB) and post it to Bath & North East Somerset Council, Business Rates, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG
After you have applied for Pub Relief
We will assess your entitlement and send you an amended bill if you qualify. Please note that we will only apply the relief to your Business Rates liability until 31 March 2019. From 1 April 2019 the relief will not be deducted from your bill.
You must tell us about any changes which may affect your entitlement to rate relief or an exemption. If you do not report a change, you may pay an incorrect amount for Business Rates and may even be investigated for fraud. If you would like more information on what changes to report please contact us.