The cemetery is situated on St Michael's Road which leads from the Upper Bristol Road. It is the first turning on the left following the Windsor Bridge traffic lights when heading into Bath City centre and is within the area of Lower Weston.
Its Gothic cemetery chapels (Early English) were considered worthy of mention in books on Victorian Architecture within the city. One of the chapels is leased to a local artisan, whilst the other is used by the council for storage.
Maintenance of grounds
The maintenance regime in place at present is to cut all closed cemeteries and churchyards fortnightly (weather permitting). All pruning, hedge cutting, etc., is carried out as winter works after the grass cutting season has ended. However if you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact the main office.
The council's arboricultural office keeps the trees under a 3 yearly review. All major tree works are carried out by the council's tree specialists
Bereavement Services carries out a 5 year rolling programme of memorial testing to ensure that memorials are preserved as well as possible. The council does not have the right to restore memorials, but it does have the responsibility to make the cemetery a reasonably safe place to visit which enables it to lay down any memorials in danger of falling. Safety in cemeteries and churchyards has improved so much since such programmes were introduced, that now the main benefit from testing is to ensure that memorials are not left to rot until they fall smashing themselves, or neighbouring memorials, or both, in the process.
There are seven military graves of casualties of the 1939-1945 war with memorials supplied by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission within the cemetery:
Frederick James Park
Lancelot Herbert Parker
Albert Ernest Thorne
William Henry Turner
Charles Gilbert Robert Wakefield
Alan Richmond Woods