We've changed the way we collect your rubbish from 6 November 2017 - most households changed to a rubbish collection every other week, in a wheelie bin or re-usable rubbish bag provided by us.
- Recycling and food waste continue to be collected weekly. Check what you can recycle.
- Garden waste continues to be collected fortnightly (the opposite week to your rubbish) for a charge
- Many collection days and times have changed
Find out more
- Check your rubbish collection day
- Need more recycling containers?
- Your welcome pack
- Your Frequently Asked Questions about the service change
- Why has the service changed?
- Friends of our Street - Residents' Toolkit
- Waste facts and figures
- Our journey to recycling more
Check your rubbish and recycling collection dates
To make it easier for you to recycle more you can now order recycling containers online
- or contact Council Connect 01225 39 40 41
- or pick them up from your local Recycling Centre
Please read the information included in the welcome pack delivered with your wheelie bin or reusable rubbish bag.
Your welcome pack included:
- an 8 page leaflet (see copy above) with full information on how to use the new service and a reminder of all the things you can recycle each week. You can also print a copy from the documents section on this page.
- a new collection calendar for 2017-18 showing your collection day and Christmas collection information - please check carefully as your collection day is likely to have changed
- two stickers for you to put on your green boxes to help you sort your recycling. Please make sure your green boxes are dry when you attach them. You can print more copies of the stickers from the documents section on this page
Please make sure you read over 30 FAQs about the changes.
Unsure if you can recycle something? Check what you can recycle
Are you concerned about the cleanliness of your neighbourhood and want to do something about it? Please go to Friends of our Street for advice and downloadable materials to help keep your neighbourhood clean and tidy.
Read about the facts and figures behind our recycling.