Changes to your rubbish collection services from 6 November 2017
We now collect rubbish every other week in wheeled bins or re-usable rubbish bags. Recycling collections continue to be every week. To find out more about the new collection service please go to Recycling and rubbish changes.
You can now find out your collection day and week by entering your postcode or street name into Services in Your Area
- Order a container
- Check your collection day
- Our collection services
- Putting out your recycling and rubbish
- Help with putting your waste out
- Severe weather
You can find out your collection day and week by entering your postcode or street name into Services in Your Area.
We currently provide weekly recycling and every other week rubbish collections to all households across the area. Click on the links to find out more about each service.
- Recycling collections
- Rubbish collections
- Garden waste collections
- Recycling collections for flats
- Collection service for large items
- Clinical waste collections
- Help with your collections
- Please put your recycling and rubbish out by 7am on your collection day (and no earlier than 8pm the night before)
- Please put your rubbish in a Council wheeled bin or re-usable rubbish bag.
- Please make sure you can fully close your bin/bag. Do not put extra rubbish bags next to your bin/bag as we will not collect them.
- Put your containers at the front edge of your property where they can easily be seen - please leave enough room for people to walk past them.
- Don’t let litter blow from your containers – put a lid on your box if it’s windy
- Bring your emptied containers back in on your collection day ASAP. Do not leave re-usable rubbish bags or boxes on railings or steps. Do not use the litter bins to dispose of household waste – this is classed as fly tipping and you could be fined.
- Your rubbish collection is only for items that cannot be recycled. Please make sure that you make full use of the food, green box and blue bag recycling collections. Please separate the different items that go in your recycling box and rinse out food and drinks containers.
- Do not put out large or hazardous items and please make sure that sharp items or broken glass are wrapped thoroughly before putting out for your rubbish collection, to prevent injury.
- If you have a re-usable rubbish bag you must not put loose waste into these bags as we will not collect it. Put your rubbish into tied black sacks first.
- The Council has powers to fine people who do not present their waste properly.
If you need help putting your recycling or rubbish out for collection, please go to Help with putting your waste out
Our crews work hard to maintain usual services during severe weather, but sometimes delays do happen when roads are icy and driving conditions hazardous particularly for large, heavy vehicles.
We don’t take decisions to delay services lightly, but must consider the safety of our crews, pedestrians and other road users.
If severe weather continues for a long period please check our website www.bathnes.gov.uk/wasteservices for updates and our facebook page www.facebook.com/recycleforbathnes and https://twitter.com/bathnes and local radio and media. Please also check Current Collection Problems
Christmas and New Year
Over Christmas and New Year we collect lots of extra recycling and rubbish so your collection may be later than usual – up to 5pm. If your rubbish or recycling is not collected on your usual day please leave it out and we will do our best to get to it the following day. If it is not collected the following day, please check our website.
Please check any planned changes to your collections over the holiday period by inserting your address into Services in Your Area on our website.
Put your rubbish out on your normal collection day. If it is not collected please leave it out and our crews will come back for it as soon as they can.
Put your food waste and recycling out on your normal collection day. If your recycling is not collected by 7pm please take it back in and put it out again on your normal collection day the following week.
Put your garden waste out on your normal collection day. If your garden waste is not collected by 7pm please take it back in. Please it out again on your normal fortnightly collection day.
To find out if there is a current collection problem in your area, please go to Current Collection Problems
To report a missed collection, please go to Report It.