This service is part of our weekly recycling and waste collection.
What do we collect?
Any small electrical item that will fit into an average size plastic carrier bag such as:
- SMALL electronic devices; phones, mobile phones, chargers, remote controls, radios, VCRs, digiboxes, speakers, hi-fi units, speakers, cameras, calculators and electronic toys
- SMALL electrical personal care; hairdryers, hair straighteners, electric toothbrushes, hair trimmers, shavers, hair curlers, facial saunas, power showers
- SMALL electrical appliances; kettles, toasters, irons, blenders, sandwich toasters, coffee machines, whisks, breadmakers, electric scales, smoothie makers and lamps (with the light bulbs and shades removed)
- SMALL DIY and garden electricals; drills, power tools, jigsaws and angle grinders
What don't we collect?
- TVs and PC monitors
- Large printers
- Washing machines
- Microwave ovens
- Lawn mowers
- Fluorescent tubes and light bulbs
All of these items can be taken to your local Recycling Centre instead.
Please no items with leaking batteries or broken glass which could harm our crews.
Putting out your waste correctly
Put your small electrical items in an untied carrier bag and place next to your green recycling box - don't worry if the items get wet. Remember to remove any batteries first and put these in a plastic bag at the top of your green box.
You can order a green recycling box via our ordering a container webpage.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.