What do we collect?
- SMALL electronic devices; phones, mobile phones, chargers, remote controls, radios, VCRs, digiboxes, speakers, hi-fi units, speakers, cameras, calculators and electronic toys
- SMALL electrical personal care; hairdryers, hair straighteners, electric toothbrushes, hair trimmers, shavers, hair curlers, facial saunas, power showers
- SMALL electrical appliances; kettles, toasters, irons, blenders, sandwich toasters, coffee machines, whisks, breadmakers, electric scales, smoothie makers and lamps (with the light bulbs and shades removed)
- SMALL DIY and garden electricals; drills, power tools, jigsaws and angle grinders
What don't we collect?
- TVs and PC monitors
- Large printers
- Washing machines
- Microwave ovens
- Lawn mowers
- Fluorescent tubes and light bulbs
All of these items can be taken to your local Recycling Centre instead.
Please no items with leaking batteries or broken glass which could harm our crews.
Putting out your waste correctly
Put your small electrical items in an untied carrier bag and place next to your green recycling box - don't worry if the items get wet. Remember to remove any batteries first and put these in a plastic bag at the top of your green box.
This service is part of our weekly recycling and waste collection.
You can order a green recycling box via our ordering a container webpage.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.
The information you have provided may be shared across Bath and North East Somerset Council for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless your consent has been given or the law allows this.
The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can, under this legislation, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.
Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.
The Council’s Information Compliance Office can be contacted on (01225) 477000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org