- Order a container
- Check your collection day
- Food recycling collection
- Green box recycling collection
- Blue bag cardboard collection
- Garden waste collection (every other week)
- Help with putting your waste out
To order a recycling container online please go to Order a container
You can find out your collection day by entering your postcode or street name into Services in Your Area
Food is recycled into electricity. If every household in Bath and North East Somerset recycled their food, it would create enough electricity to power 1,140 homes for a year. To find out how your food is recycled into electricity please go to https://youtu.be/WdZViehrUks
- Line your kitchen caddy with a suitable everyday plastic carrier bag (no black bags or bags for life) compostable liner or newspaper.
- Empty your food caddy into your outside food bin before it gets too full.
- Rinse both containers regularly.
- Lock your outside food bin by pulling the handle forward to keep out animals and birds.
|We collect all types of food, both raw and cooked, edible and not edible, including:|
Please do not put any packaging, liquids, oil or fat in with your food waste. You can take large quantities of used cooking oil to our Recycling Centres. Alternatively if you cannot get to a Recycling Centre, you can soak small amounts of old cooking oil into any newspaper or kitchen roll used to wrap your food waste, and put it out for your food waste collection.
You can put your food in everyday plastic carrier bags so you do not have to buy compostable liners.
Please separate your recycling. We recommend using 2 boxes as follows:
- Paper and glass (and all other items that you can recycle in your green box).
- Plastic and cans mixed together plus foil (they are later separated by magnets)
|The main items we collect in your green box are...|
|Plastic bottles and food containers (pots, tubs and trays)||
|Glass bottles and jars||
|Cans, tins and aerosols||
|Clothes, shoes and accessories||
|Small electrical items||
Other items you can recycle in your green box include:
- Please remove all plastic, sticky tape and polystyrene before putting out for recycling.
- Please flatten, fold or cut your cardboard so that it’s no bigger than 45cm square.
- If it fits into your blue bag it will fit into our vehicles.
- Please keep cardboard separate from the paper – it is recycled separately.
|We can recycle the following items in your blue bag:|
We provide a chargeable garden waste collection. You can either subscribe to our wheeled bin collection service or buy Council paper sacks to put your garden waste in. To find out more please go to Garden Waste Collections.
If you need help putting your recycling or rubbish out for collection, please go to Help with putting your waste out
To find out if there is a current collection problem in your area, please go to Current Collection Problems
To report a missed collection or other problem, please go to Report it