Recycling and rubbish collections
Recycling, rubbish and garden waste collections take place as usual on all Bank Holidays, except over the Christmas/New Year period.
Christmas and New Year 2013/14 - changes to your recycling and rubbish collections
Merry Christmas and thank you for recycling 46% of your waste last year.
Changes are summarised in our Christmas and New year 2013/14 collection changes leaflet or click on the links below.
- Recycling and rubbish collections
- Garden waste and Christmas tree collection
- Recycling Centre opening times
- Christmas advice
There are no collections on these bank holidays
- Christmas Day (Wednesday 25 December )
- Boxing Day (Thursday 26 December)
- New Year’s Day (Wednesday 1 January 2014)
Changes to recycling and rubbish collection days are as follows:
Usual collection day
Revised collection day
|Wednesday 25 December||Saturday 28 December|
Thursday 26 December
|Thursday 2 January 2014|
|Wednesday 1 January 2014||Saturday 4 January 2014|
- Don’t forget to recycle greeting cards, wrapping paper (white backed non foil types) and gift tags in your green box.
- Don’t forget you can now recycle any broken or unwanted small electrical items such as toasters or hair dryers, with your weekly green box collection. Please put them in an untied carrier bag next to your green box on your collection day. This collection is only for items that can fit inside an average sized plastic carrier bag – please take bigger items such as TVs to your local Recycling Centre.
There are no garden waste and Christmas tree collections for 2 weeks between 23 December and 6 January 2014. Normal collections will begin again on Monday 6 January.
Free Christmas tree collection
Throughout January we will collect your real Christmas tree for free on your fortnightly garden waste collection day. Please:
- Cut it up if it is more than 1.2 metres tall so it will fit on our vehicle.
- Remove all decorations, including the pot.
- Put it out for collection at the front edge of your property so our crews can easily see it on your garden waste collection day, next to your recycling and rubbish. To check your collection day please click on Services in your area and enter your postcode or contact Council Connect.
|All bank holidays (except Christmas and New Year)||8am - 3.45pm|
|Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 December 2013||Closed|
|Wednesday 1 January 2014||Closed|
To find out how to cut down what you throw away and enjoy a more environmentally friendly Christmas go to our Christmas advice page.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.