To find out your collection day, please put your postcode or street name into ‘Services in your area’ in the top right hand side of this page or click on Services in your area and enter your postcode or street name.
We provide the following collections from your property. Click on the links below to find out more about each type of service:
- Green box recycling collection – weekly collection for paper, cans and aerosols, plastic packaging*, glass bottles and jars, foil, textiles including clothes, shoes, towels and sheets, batteries, mobile phones, ink cartridges, spectacles, car batteries, engine oil
(*Plastic pots, tubs, trays and bottles only. NO plastic film or black plastic).
- Blue bag cardboard collection – weekly collection for cardboard, brown paper and drinks cartons (Tetrapaks)
- Food waste collection – weekly collection for all types of food waste
- NEW - small electrical recycling collection - started18 February 2013
- Rubbish collection – weekly collection for the rubbish that you cannot recycle in black sacks or conventional dustbins
- Garden waste collection – every fortnight we collect garden waste using a wheeled bin service or paper sacks for which a charge is made.
- Collection service for large items - We provide a prebooked collection service for large items for a charge
- Recycling for flats
When and how to put your waste out
Your rubbish and recycling is all collected on the same day. To find out your collection day, please put your postcode or street name into ‘Services in your area’ in the top right hand side of this page or click on Services in your area and enter your postcode or street name.
Please make sure you put your waste out for collection by 7am. Place it at the front edge of your property making sure that it is visible and accessible for the crews. If you have to place your rubbish on the pavement for collection, please make sure that it does not obstruct the pavement for pedestrians, wheelchairs or buggies. It should not be left out on the pavement before 8pm the evening before your collection. Anyone putting their rubbish out at the wrong time or place may be fined.
If your collection is missed, you can report it to us by going to the Report a missed collection page.
Please note we collect on all Bank Holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. For more information please go to Bank Holidays.
To order a recycling container for your recycling, cardboard and/or food waste please go to how to order a bin or container page.
Do you have a comment, complaint or compliment about our services? If so, please let us know by completing our on-line survey. Please go to Waste Services on-line survey.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.