Click here for Christmas and New Year 2013/14 collection changes information and advice.
To find out your collection day, please put your postcode or street name into ‘Services in your area’ in the top right hand side of this page or click on Services in your area and enter your postcode or street name.
We provide the following collections from your property. You can see a summary guide in our new recycle more! 2014 leaflet.
Click on the links below to find out more about each type of service:
- Green box recycling collection – weekly collection for paper, cans and aerosols, plastic packaging*, glass bottles and jars, foil, textiles including clothes, shoes, towels and sheets, batteries, mobile phones, ink cartridges, spectacles, car batteries, engine oil
(*Plastic pots, tubs, trays and bottles only. NO plastic film or black plastic).
- Blue bag cardboard collection – weekly collection for cardboard, brown paper and drinks cartons (Tetrapaks)
- Food waste collection – weekly collection for all types of food waste
- NEW - small electrical recycling collection - started18 February 2013
- Rubbish collection – weekly collection for the rubbish that you cannot recycle. You must use black sacks, dustbins or Council reusable rubbish bags if your street has them - to check, see list of streets with reusable rubbish bags
- Garden waste collection – every fortnight we collect garden waste using a wheeled bin service or paper sacks for which a charge is made.
- Collection service for large items - We provide a prebooked collection service for large items for a charge.
- Recycling for flats
When and how to put your waste out
Your rubbish and recycling are all collected on the same day. We provide a green box and blue bag for you to recycle a variety of materials plus kitchen caddies and food waste bins to recycle your food waste. We do not provide containers for your rubbish (except in some specific streets where we issue Council reusable rubbish bags - see list of reusable rubbish bags streets) but recommend that you use a dustbin or strong black sacks. We cannot take rubbish in wheeled bins as not all our vehicles are equipped to empty them.
To keep our streets clean, attractive and safe for residents and visitors, you must put out your recycling and rubbish by 7am on your collection day or after 8pm the night before. It must be at the front boundary of your property so that it is easily visible and accessible to our crews, but does not cause an obstruction.
You can be fined for leaving your recycling and rubbish out at the wrong time or place.
If your collection is missed, you can report it to us by going to the Report a missed collection page.
Please note we collect on all Bank Holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. For more information please go to Bank Holidays.
To order a recycling container for your recycling, cardboard and/or food waste please go to how to order a bin or container page.
Do you have a comment, complaint or compliment about our services? If so, please let us know by completing our on-line survey. Please go to Waste Services on-line survey.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.