The Bath and North East Somerset Virtual School for Children in Care can help you place a child in a school in the Bath & North East Somerset Schools area. Applications should be made through the Bath and North East Somerset Admissions and Transport team.
- Provide information about local schools and discuss the child's needs with you.
- Support applications to ensure timely admission to the most appropriate provision.
Our expectations of placing authorities are that they will:
- Inform the Bath and North East Somerset Virtual School head of the intention to place a child in a Bath and North East Somerset school or advise that a child has been placed.
- Commit to providing all relevant information about the child to support a placement including previous PEPs where appropriate.
- Provide a named link person within the home local authority for ongoing contact.
- Work with the designated teacher as required.
- Allocate the Pupil Premium and other resources they may have as appropriate.