Climate change is one of the biggest challenges we face and tackling it will require involvement from everyone - residents, community groups, businesses, and the public sector. Bath and North East Somerset Local Strategic Partnership is committed to helping to reduce carbon emissions across the district by 45% by 2026.
Support is open to all community groups based within Bath and North East Somerset who would like to reduce carbon emissions through energy saving or renewable energy projects. A range of support, materials, training and equipment is already available to help you get started.
No need to register, all you have to do is get in touch.
Email: Sustainability@bathnes.gov.uk. Tel: 01225 477528.
Assistance can be tailored to your groups’ needs, but could include:
- Planning your activities and getting started
- Help with organising events and activities
- Funding advice
- Signposting to expert help and resources
- Supporting basic energy audits
You may want someone to come and speak or give a presentation at your meeting or event about energy related topics:
- Saving energy and saving money
- Climate change
- Renewable energy technologies – an overview
- Community Energy Projects
Some energy related training can be delivered in-house such as:
- Basic Home Energy Awareness – an introduction
- Creating an Energy Plan for your community
- Organising a community energy project
- Using electricity monitors
- Introduction to renewable technologies
Funding may be available for more specific, in-depth training
Your group can borrow existing resources:
- Electricity Monitors – whole house and single appliance monitors
- Insulation samples
- Draught-proofing samples and gadgets
- Energy saving gadgets
- Factsheet leaflets from CSE, and other leaflet resources
- Energy Saving light bulb display
If we don’t already have the equipment your group needs, we may be able to help you access it.
Email: Sustainability@bathnes.gov.uk. Tel: 01225 477528
Local Energy Champions 2010/11
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.