Be Proud to Care in Bath & North East Somerset
Bath & North East Somerset is proud to be part of Proud to Care, South West and celebrate how rewarding a career in health and social care can be.
Could you make a difference? Are you Proud to Care?
Find out more about Proud to Care here www.proudtocaresw.org.uk
Opportunities in Care
Care workers provide an essential service. As a care worker it’s often the small things that you do, and the way you do them, that could greatly contribute to someone’s wellbeing and quality of life.
There are opportunities for you to support a wide variety of people, including older people, disabled people, people who use mental health service or people with a learning disability. You could be visiting people in their homes, helping them stay an active part of their community or looking after them in residential homes.
Social care is an increasingly innovative and partnership-based sector. There are lots of opportunities for you to develop your career. You will also develop helpful experience of working alongside a range of health and care professionals including social workers, nurses, therapists etc.
Read more about what our workers do: A Role in Social Care
Accessing training and job vacancies
There are a number of care-related training courses in Bath & North East Somerset. Please see these links for further information:
Each employer has their own arrangements for training & supporting new staff as well as for pay and working conditions. There will also be a requirement to undertake an Enhanced DBS which employers will complete on your behalf.
There are a range of social care providers in Bath & North East Somerset with job opportunities for people with the right values and a desire to help support others. Care providers tend to advertise their vacancies themselves; please see a list of some local providers below.
- Virgincare - With more than 400 health and care services across England and a team that’s already over 7,000 strong, we have hundreds of opportunities for you to feel the difference
- Sirona-cic - We can offer a range of career paths at many levels in the organisation and in a wide range of occupational disciplines. Our roles could be based in a variety of locations in the South Gloucestershire, Bristol and Bath and North East Somerset and in a variety of settings, including hospitals, residential settings, office based or out in the community
- Somerset Care - If you are looking to start a new career in care, to continue with your dedicated work to exceed the expectations of customers or looking to make the next step to a supervisory or managerial role, we would love to hear from you. We are a not-for-profit organisation covering the south of England. Our dedicated workforce provides essential services to people in their own homes, in our residential and nursing homes and for people with learning disabilities
- Care South - As one of the largest and most experienced providers of care services in the south of England we provide many opportunities for career progression. Over 1600 staff are employed throughout Care South and consequently our recruitment needs are varied. They include care and support workers, administration staff, management posts and catering staff
- Carewatch Bath - If you're looking for care worker jobs in Bath, you won't find a better place to advance your career than Carewatch Bath. With a team of 80 professional care workers, a commitment to staff training and partnerships with local authorities, we offer some fantastic opportunities to work in care
- Way Ahead Care - We are always interested in hearing from those who wish to start or continue a rewarding career in Social Care. Our staff base is our greatest asset and key to ensuring the delivery of the quality care and support we expect
We are inviting providers to give us a link to their websites for this page along with their contact details for discussing care vacancies. Please check back regularly for updated content.
In the meantime, you can find out about care vacancies with the Council at: www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/jobs
To speak with someone about a job in care please contact Vince Edwards; 01225 477289; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.