A Volunteer Supporter (VS) is someone who has volunteered to work with the Service by offering some of their free time to support children, young people and their parent/carer. This means they may only be available on certain days and times of the week, and we ask young people or parents/carers to give us at least a week's notice if they would like a volunteer to support them at a meeting.
Volunteer Supporters are trained by SEND Partnership Service staff on SEN policies and procedures. VS give children, young people and parents/carers impartial information, advice and support which then empowers them to make their own informed decisions.
- VS will help you express your views at meetings but will not usually speak for you.
- VS maintain confidentiality and follow the SPS Confidentiality Policy.
- VS will check out information for you if they don't know the answers.
- After meeting with an VS, make sure you agree any follow-up actions or appointments.
- Please keep arranged appointments as our VS are giving you their time voluntarily.
- If you have concerns about your support from a VS, please contact Chris Jorgensen, Operational Lead, SEND Partnership Service on 01225 394382.